This policy sets out how SigNET AC Limited uses and protects the information you may give us. The purpose of this policy is to comply with Data Protection Acts including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) effective from 25 May 2018.
SigNET is committed to ensuring your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide information by which you can be identified you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this policy.
SigNET may change this policy from time to time by updating it. You should regularly check this policy to ensure you are happy with any changes. The date at the foot of this policy will always indicate when it was last updated.
What is the legal basis for SigNET collecting information from you?
C-TEC collects data from you for the following legal reasons:-
- CONTRACTUAL: To comply with our CONTRACTUAL obligations such as delivering an order or service to you.
- CONSENT: This relates to when you have given us your CONSENT to contact you by signing up for eBulletins, software update notifications, etc,
- LEGITIMATE INTERESTS: To allow us to pursue our LEGITIMATE INTERESTS as a company operating in the B2B sector.
- VITAL INTERESTS: To inform you of critical updates to the life safety products we manufacture or distribute.
What information do we collect?
We may collect the following information from you:
- Contact information including your name, job title, company, email address(es), landline telephone number(s), mobile telephone number(s) and postal address(es).
- Your payment and delivery details including billing and delivery addresses.
- Details of products you have purchased from us.
- Site details, for example if you are registering an installation with us.
- Customer survey information.
- Information on the technology used to interact with our website and electronic communications including browser and operating system data.
- Recordings of telephone communications you may have with our employees.
- Information from 'cookies' which our website or other online services may send to your computer when you interact with them (see 'More about Cookies' below).
- We will NOT collect any 'sensitive personal' or 'special category' data from you unless you expressly agree to this beforehand.
What do we do with the information we gather:
We use the information we collect from you to understand your needs and provide you with a better service and, in particular, for the following reasons:
- For the delivery of goods and services.
- To improve our products and services.
- To send update emails, postal mailings or to talk to you about new products, special offers, training opportunities, legislation updates, pricing changes, product discontinuations, or any other information we think you will find of interest.
- For market research purposes.
- For internal record keeping.
- To conduct our legitimate business interests with you.
How do we keep your data secure and with whom and where do we share it?
SigNET is committed to ensuring your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect from you.
We may share your data with third party service providers such as IT suppliers, delivery couriers, etc. We will only provide third party suppliers with the information they need perform their specific service(s) and ensure they treat any shared data as confidential and are familiar with their requirements, duties and obligations under the GDPR and other applicable laws and regulations.
If you are located outside the EEA (European Economic Area) we will treat your personal data as if you were located within the EEA by following the same processes and procedures.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on our website, at an exhibition or other event, look for the box that you can click or tick to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your details for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to us at The GDPR team, SigNET, 6 Tower Road, Glover Industrial Estate, Washington, Tyne & Wear NE37 2SH, United Kingdom or emailing us at email@example.com or by following the opt-out/unsubscribe links in relevant electronic correspondence.
- We will always be explicit in how we intend to use your personal information when you opt-in to any of our services.
- We will not sell or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
More about Cookies
SigNET's cookies do not store any personally identifiable information and cannot harm your computer. Users wanting more control over their use of our online services can adjust their browser settings accordingly. However, choosing to disable, reject or block our cookies may result in parts of our online services/website not functioning as expected.
You may request details of the personal information we hold about you under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2016/679. A small fee may be payable. If you would like a copy of the personal information we hold on you, please write to The GDPR Team, SigNET, 6 Tower Road, Glover Industrial Estate, Washington, Tyne & Wear NE37 2SH. United Kingdom.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly amend or delete any information found to be incorrect.
Date issued: 21 May 2018.